Friday, July 23, 2010
NAR REPORTS EXISTING HOME SALES WERE UP 15% IN JUNE IN FLORIDA
It’s nice to hear good news.
· For 22 consecutive months sales activity has increased in the year to year comparison
· Statewide sales in June were up 7.7% over May
· Statewide existing-home median price of $143,400 was 2.1% higher than May’s $140,400
· This is the 4th month in a row that statewide existing-home median price has increased over previous month
· 16 metropolitan statistical areas showed higher sales for existing condos, many for 24 consecutive months.
· Condo price median was $181,300 in May nationally; Florida existing condo median sales price in June was $95,000. In June 2009 it was $112,800, a 16% decrease.
None of us would disagree with National Association of Realtors (NAR) Economist Lawrence Yun, who said that as the employment rolls rise, so will home sales.