Monday, February 22, 2016
CONTINUING OUR SERIES ON LOCAL GROWTH, NEW RESIDENTIAL UNITS IN BOCA RATON WILL SOON NEARLY DOUBLE AND GROW DOWNTOWN BOCA
Current construction crews are working on:
· THE MARK AT CITYSCAPE, a 12-story building with 208 rental apartments at 11 Plaza Real South near intersection of Palmetto Park Road and Federal Highway – scheduled to be completed in March 2016
· VIA MIZNER, also 12-stories with 366 rental apartments, at the corner of Camino Real and Federal Highway; about 1MM sq ft of building reaching 140’ is planned for the rest of the nearly 7 acres. Designated for open space is about 40% of the area.
· MANDARIN ORIENTAL HOTEL (pictured above to the right) next to Via Mizner will have 164 rooms and 100 condominiums and retail space will be built with connecting adjoining towers
· PALMETTO PROMENADE, 9-stories with 378 units, from Northeast 3rd Street and Palmetto Park Road extending east for 900’, it’s façade gives the appearance of multiple buildings but it is just one structure
· THE BOCA LOFTS, 7-stories with 229 rental apartments at 33 SE 8th Street
· TOWER 155, 12-stories with 170 condominiums, in the 100 block of East Boca Raton Road
· HYATT PLACE HOTEL, 12-stories with 200 rooms, at Palmetto Park Road and Federal Highway, expected to open in the summer of 2016, will include an 8000 sq ft restaurant, 4000 sq ft of meeting space, and retail space
When Town Center opened, it drew business from downtown Boca Raton, and downtown businesses suffered. In 2008, the temporary guidelines adopted allowed 12-story buildings whereas previously they were limited to 9 or 10 stories. Mention was made of achieving a more varied, more graceful skyline. The new heights encouraged developers to do more than build a cheaper, boxier version of a building, and the new guidelines called for buildings to be farther back from the street opening a light corridor without a canyon effect.
It is anticipated that downtown will become more vibrant after regular work hours with new downtown residents heading to restaurants, spas, boutiques and businesses in the area.
For more information call Marilyn Jacobs, 561-513-6180 or email email@example.com.